Sunday, March 23, 2008

2 Poems

Here are two I wrote a while ago:

Sudden Salvation In A Soup Kitchen Pantry
(after praying with a guy after dinner in a soup kitchen)

Right between the ketchup and the flour
I saw a man come clean.
He ran back to the Father
With that contrite prodigal gleam.

He gives in.
God takes him.
And I just stand there
With the mouth of my heart open dumb,
Feeling that same new,
Super sublime,
Sight of salvation numb.

Angels rejoice simultaneously.
A brother is coming Home,
Trembling, fear-longing,
His humble, hungry heart
Well shown.



Scents of Home
(by flashlight in the lean-to at the top of
Mt. LaConte, North Carolina)

Mountain sunsets
And starry-cold skies
Are a bath for my soul,
Making my heart hearken
To obvious secrets
Yet untold.


MM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home